Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hurry Up...and...Wait

Sometimes Chris and I joke about how we get the kids moving telling them to "hurry up" only to make them wait once they are ready. Do you remember being at a big fun party with friends or family and having this happen to you? Your parents are riding you to get ready to go, only to leave you waiting in your warm coat at the door?

After an exciting season of activity with Habitat we find ourselves waiting now, and I feel a little like a kid getting too hot in a coat waiting by the door to go. A bit anxious...'

Don't get me wrong I know that we are so blessed and I am thankful for all that God is doing in all the areas of my life. I think I was just excited to see the house get transformed, and so waiting on this process as left me feeling the way I do. When driving past it yesterday it felt a bit surreal, the idea of ever living in THAT house seemed very far off.

We know that there will be some work done by contractors in June and July. By mid August the partnership with Omron should be in full swing, as they supply volunteers on a more regular basis. This is a big cooperate partnership, and so that is an exciting prospect in the future. As I understand it, Omron is supplying finances and volunteers for our Habitat house project. The total project time start to finish should be about 1 year from when we walked through the house, so if all goes according to the plan we should be moving in by this time next year.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-8


2 comments:

  1. Sarah- I totally hear you on this! Life on The World Race is defined by "hurry up and wait"!!! Out of respect for our contacts in each country, we always strive to be on time. But because other cultures have a very different view of time, we often end up waiting on them for hours, but have to be ready at a moment's notice when they do show up! Haha, I am so excited to hear about the progress of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachel for sharing this. Patience is learned in the waiting, an important lesson that can only be learned by experience.

    ReplyDelete