Saturday, January 28, 2012

Busy Building Day

Today when I entered our future house there was a very experienced team already working to build the support beams for the flooring that will be laid for the second story. Although there was a little less for me to do, I tried to keep busy doing what I could. The carpentry work required skills that I do not have, and the team had quite a rhythm going. I was able to run to get some joist brackets from Menards, and worked to keep the build area clean. It was rewarding when one of the men thanked me for cleaning, saying that it was an important role that made the site easier to navigate. Dad worked today as well, he was busy on the 2nd floor helping to get the beams into place. Here are some pictures of the work that was accomplished. By next week the 2nd floor plywood flooring should be completely laid out.


Dan builds the landing for our stairs going to the 2nd floor.
The support beams for the 2nd floor...
Framing on the 1st floor with flooring laid on top.
The front hallway...
Support beams for the floor.
The main floor of the house, front to back.


No comments:

Post a Comment